Roche Diagnostics Breaks Ground On New Learning And Development Center
INDIANAPOLIS, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mayor Greg Ballard today joined Roche Diagnostics President and CEO Jack Phillips as well as other Roche executives and community leaders to break ground on the company's new Learning and Development Center. The center is the first element of a $300 million site transformation investment that was announced in June 2012. The city of Indianapolis and the Indiana Economic Development Corporation offered Roche tax abatements, tax credits and training grants to support Roche's investment.
"Roche's decision to grow and invest in Indianapolis is a testament to our strength as a life sciences center," said Mayor Ballard, who participated in the ceremony held on the company's campus near the intersection of 96th Street and Interstate 69. "They've been an important part of our life sciences heritage for nearly 50 years now, and this expansion signals an important commitment to the region."
" Central Indiana has been our home since 1964 and we are here to stay," said Jack Phillips, president and CEO of Roche Diagnostics, adding that the company's history and growth in the region is due in part to the community's outstanding workforce and partnerships with the state and city that have enhanced job creation.
The company, a leader in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics, will invest $300 million during the next 10 years at its North American headquarters on the northeast side of Indianapolis. The capital investments will support the company's growing diagnostics and diabetes care businesses. The new Learning and Development Center will host the training of more than 1,500 customers from across the nation each year."It is fitting that the new Learning and Development Center is the first phase of our site transformation because it reflects our commitment to always put the customer first," said Phillips.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV