Cycle Stuff Direct Look At Cycle Safety In Britain
SOUTHAMPTON, November 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The importance of cyclists' safety was brought back to everyone's attention after last week's high-profile accidents with both Great Britain's coach, Shane Sutton, and Tour de France Champion Bradley Wiggins being involved in cycling accidents.
It has shocked the nation that such highly skilled cyclists can also be part of unfortunate road accidents and does point out how vulnerable all road users can be, especially in the winter months when it's getting much darker outside.
Dereck Pickering, Operations Manager at Cycle Stuff Direct, has said: "Cycling has grown hugely this year with the Olympic Games and the interest in Tour de France; however, the biggest concern for people wanting to get into cycling is safety and with the high-profile accidents being in the spotlight, it can definitely have a negative impact on cyclists."He explains that it's not only essential clothing and bicycle accessories like road bike helmets, lights and reflective clothing that help protect themselves from accidents, but more safety provisions and co-operation between drivers and cyclists is needed. Dereck says, "Cyclists can buy all the protective clothing and bicycle accessories that they need to help minimise injuries but that's just one part of the issue, there are other concerns like making the actual roads more cycle-friendly and having more practical help to aid cyclists and drivers so that they can work together and make the roads a safer place for everyone, to help prevent the accidents in the first place." If you are thinking about cycling over the winter, consider practicing your signalling on a quiet road with no traffic before you start, always use lights when it's dark and remember to wear reflective clothing and a fitted helmet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV