W.Va. Unemployment Rate Dips In October
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.5 percent in October.
WorkForce West Virginia said Tuesday that the number of unemployed state residents fell by 300 to 60,300, while total employment increased 200.
Job gains of 300 in the service-providing sector were offset by a loss of 100 jobs in the goods-producing sector.
Total employment has fallen 11,000 since October 2011, including 5,300 in mining and logging.Nationally, the unemployment rate increased one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.9 percent last month. The state's unadjusted jobless rate fell one-tenth of a percentage point to 6.8 percent in October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV