W.Va. Unemployment Rate Dips In October
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) â¿¿ West Virginia's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate fell one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.5 percent in October.
WorkForce West Virginia said Tuesday that the number of unemployed state residents fell by 300 to 60,300, while total employment increased 200.
Job gains of 300 in the service-providing sector were offset by a loss of 100 jobs in the goods-producing sector.
Total employment has fallen 11,000 since October 2011, including 5,300 in mining and logging.Nationally, the unemployment rate increased one-tenth of a percentage point to 7.9 percent last month. The state's unadjusted jobless rate fell one-tenth of a percentage point to 6.8 percent in October.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV