LAS VEGAS, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM), according to a prominent benchmarking organization, is among the nation's leading companies for workplace equality based on its policies and practices relating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) announced that MGM Resorts has earned a perfect score from the 2013 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual HRC survey that ranks major companies for their non-discrimination and benefits practices with respect to LGBT employees. A total of 889 businesses have been rated in the 2013 CEI, of which 252 achieved 100 percent, earning them the coveted distinction of "Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality."
This is the eighth year that MGM Resorts has participated in the Corporate Equality Index assessment, which focuses on corporate standards ranging from policies prohibiting discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity to equality in health care benefits.
"As the first corporation in our industry to formally adopt a diversity initiative, we stand as a company fully committed to promoting human equality in our workforce as well as the experiences we offer our guests," said Jim Murren, Chairman and CEO of MGM Resorts International. "The essence of hospitality is treating others with the utmost level of respect and gratitude with excellence, and that at the core comprises the bedrock of our company's culture."The 2013 Corporate Equality Index report is available at www.hrc.org/cei. This year's report findings include :
- The 2013 CEI saw the largest growth in the survey's history with 54 new businesses opting in.
- This year's CEI marks the first time a majority of Fortune 500 companies protect their employees on the basis of sexual orientation (88 percent) and gender identity (57 percent).
- Transgender-inclusive healthcare coverage continues to rise. Now in its second year as a mandatory criterion for a company to earn 100 percent, 287 participating companies offer comprehensive healthcare coverage to their transgender workers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts