ST. LOUIS, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Monsanto Company ranked 14 on the Top 25 World's Best Multinational Workplaces list by the Great Place to Work® Institute. Monsanto was recognized for its outstanding workplace culture and in recognition of its reputation as a global employer-of-choice.
Monsanto is the only St. Louis-based company and only agriculture company recognized in the award's second year.
"We are honored to be recognized on this year's list of top multinational workplaces," said Steve Mizell, Monsanto executive vice president of human resources. "This award is really in recognition of the hard work of our more than 20,000 talented employees around the globe, each who has helped contribute to building a culture where innovation, teamwork and the ideas of others are valued as we work to support the sustainable future of agriculture."
Monsanto was one of the 25 multinational companies selected for the list from a group of 251 qualifying multinational corporations. To be eligible for the list, qualifying companies must have appeared on at least five national Great Place to Work® lists, have at least 5,500 employees worldwide, and at least 40 percent of their global workforce must work outside the company's home country. Monsanto placed on the Brazil, India, Argentina, Central America and Mexico "Best Companies to Work For" lists awarded by the Great Place to Work® Institute."The companies listed on the second-annual World's Best Multinational Workplaces List are creating workplaces dedicated to fostering trust, pride and camaraderie amongst their employees," said Susan Lucas-Conwell, Global CEO of Great Place to Work®. "Monsanto's inclusion on this prestigious list demonstrates their commitment to continually improving the lives of their employees and setting innovative new standards for workplaces of the future." Monsanto has continually been recognized by leading third party organizations as an employer of choice. Other awards received in the past year include:
- Science Magazine's Top Employers
- Achievers 50 Most Engaged Work Places
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV