- Comcast and NBCUniversal have LGBT affinity groups to help attract, develop and retain LGBT employees by providing volunteer and networking opportunities and allowing people to make the most of their benefits, while advocating for policies that promote an inclusive work environment.
- Comcast’s and NBCUniversal’s external Joint Diversity Council includes members that reflect the LGBT community.
- We have created a partnership with the National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce, and provide support for their programs and services aimed at LGBT small business owners.
- We support the Horizons Foundation, a philanthropic social justice organization that serves the LGBT community by making grants, strengthening LGBT organizations and leadership and increasing philanthropic giving.
- We are proud supporters of Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and their annual Media Awards around the country. We also provide airtime for their “Be an Ally and a Friend” public service announcement campaign, which encourages tolerance.
- We sponsor the Trevor Project — a 24-hour suicide prevention hotline for LGBT teens — and teamed with them and MINDTV to televise their original filmography.
- NBCUniversal has a rich history of showcasing groundbreaking LGBT content from Broke Back Mountain, The Kids Are All Right, Milk and most recently The New Normal, SMASH, Chicago Fire and Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen.
- NBCUniversal has increased its commitment to creating the next generation of storytellers by working with and supporting LGBT youth. In April 2012, the creation of the NBCUniversal Point Foundation Scholarship for an LGBT student pursuing a degree in film/TV production or broadcast/digital journalism was announced.
- In October, Comcast and NBCUniversal supported GLAAD’s Spirit Day by going purple on-air, online and behind-the-scenes to show support for LGBT youth and speak out against bullying in our schools.
- NBCUniversal attracts new employees by being a visible employer of choice in the LBGT community by participating in events such as the National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Association and the Out & Equal Workplace Summit.
- Xfinity TV customers have access to a year-round On Demand pride offering that includes award-winning and nominated movies, biographical films, documentaries, popular TV series and specials.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.