WALTHAM, Mass., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) has achieved a perfect 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign's (HRC) 2013 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the eighth consecutive time.
The HRC, the nation's largest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender civil rights organization, uses the CEI as a means to rate large U.S. companies on how they treat their LGBT employees, consumers and investors.
Raytheon is one of 250 companies to receive a perfect rating in what the HRC calls a banner year for the equality index.
"Leveraging diversity of talent and thought is paramount to Raytheon's inclusive culture, which we consider to be a competitive advantage," said Raytheon's Chief Diversity Officer Hayward Bell. "This eighth consecutive 100 percent rating of Raytheon by the HRC is a reflection of our core values to treat all people with respect and dignity, and to welcome diversity and diverse opinions from all our employees."In 2005, Raytheon was the first aerospace and defense company to receive a perfect score on the CEI. The company was also among the first in its industry to adopt a domestic partner benefits policy in January 2002. About Raytheon Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon. Media Contact Dave Desilets+1.781.522.5855 email@example.com SOURCE Raytheon Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV