AuRico Gold: 2 Miners Killed In Mining Accident
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ AuRico Gold said Wednesday that two miners died in a mining accident in Mexico and that gold production for the rest of the year will likely be somewhat impacted.
Its stock fell 9 cents to $7.93 in morning trading.
The Canadian gold mining company said that the accident at the El Chanate mine in Sonora State happened Tuesday afternoon, when a pressure vessel in one of the three separate ADR processing plants ruptured.
"The occurrence of this incident is incredibly distressing as the safety of our employees and contractors is the company's highest priority and this incident is a tragic shock to everyone," President and CEO Scott Perry said in a statement.The two people who died were contractors at the mine. AuRico Gold said that it is currently investigating the accident and that the proper authorities have been notified. The company is planning site-wide safety reviews and repairs for the portion of the processing plant impacted by the accident.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV