Recycling at Work Initiative Launched on America Recycles Day ( Nov. 15); Links to 2012 Clinton Global Initiative Commitment
STAMFORD, Conn., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Keep America Beautiful, the nation's leading nonprofit that brings people together to build and sustain vibrant communities, is challenging corporate America and government to sign up for its Recycling at Work pledge. The pledge requires businesses, governments and institutional entities – such as school and hospitals – to commit to a 10 percent increase in the recycling of paper products, beverage containers, electronics and batteries in the workplace through a variety of actions by 2015. It also encourages the recycling of food waste and other biodegradables.
This Thursday, Nov. 15, marks America Recycles Day (ARD), which is a Keep America Beautiful (KAB) initiative and the only national platform for community-driven recycling awareness, education and collection events. From electronics collection events to plastic bag and campaign sign recycling, thousands of events are taking place throughout the country in recognition of ARD."The environmental impact from recycling remains critically important as a measure of sustainable economies and vibrant communities," said Matt McKenna, KAB president and chief executive officer. "To increase our national municipal recycling rate from its current 34 percent level, the increase will come less from national initiatives and more from locally-driven efforts. Engaging individuals to take the action to recycle at home, at work and at play is the linchpin to increasing recycling rates." The Recycling at Work pledge requires these entities to take the pledge on AmericaRecyclesDay.org, and report on actions taken to increase recycling and the results of those actions. KAB will compile the data and issue a comprehensive report in 2015, fulfilling its commitment made in partnership with Alcoa (NYSE:AA) and the Alcoa Foundation at the 2012 Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting in New York City. Recycling at Work's 2015 goal will be achieved through a series of approaches that include:
- Increasing employee awareness of the availability of recyclable services and benefits of recycling in offices and other facilities;
- Enhancing infrastructure and communications to enable greater recycling and diversion of the materials in offices and other facilities;
- Identifying cost-effective opportunities to incorporate consideration of end-of-life recyclability and increased recycled content into the products purchased;
- Reporting on progress each year through the Recycling at Work online system; and,
- Inviting other organizations to take the Recycling at Work pledge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV