Rosetta Stone Inc. (NYSE:RST), a leading provider of technology-based language-learning solutions, announced today the appointment of James P. Bankoff to the Company's Board of Directors. With Bankoff's election, the Rosetta Stone board has expanded to eleven members, of which nine are independent directors.
Bankoff is chairman and CEO of Vox Media, Inc., the publisher of the SB Nation family of sports communities, The Verge, a leading consumer technology site, and Polygon, a site dedicated to covering the world of games and the people who love them. He has served in this capacity since January 2009. Immediately prior to joining Vox Media, Bankoff served as a senior adviser with Providence Equity Partners, a leading private equity firm focused on media and telecommunications. Prior to joining Providence in 2008, he served as executive vice president of programming and products at AOL. At AOL, Mr. Bankoff led the development of and/or presided over AOL.com, TMZ.com, Moviefone, MapQuest, BloggingStocks, AOL Music and Engadget. He also oversaw instant messaging services, AIM and ICQ, and new social networking and community applications, including Blogsmith and Netscape.com. Bankoff joined AOL in 1995 and held a number of leadership positions, including president, AOL web properties; president, Netscape; and vice president of strategy and operations, AOL brand.
"Jim's extensive experience as an Internet innovator and leadership in creating unique publishing brands will enhance the breadth and depth of the Board,” said Steve Swad, CEO of Rosetta Stone. “His online industry expertise and strategic focus will add immediate value as we expand our product offerings, innovate our platform, refine our online strategy and distribute our offerings through new partnerships."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV