The arts scene continues to thrive in Central Iowa thanks to the more than $300,000 in grants given out by the Principal Financial Group ® and the Principal Financial Group Foundation for the third quarter of 2012. Grant funding was presented to 30 organizations focused on providing access to the arts and celebrating the cultural diversity found in our community. So far in 2012, The Principal ® has provided $10,600,000 in philanthropic investments in the communities where its employees live and work.
“Artistic and cultural programs help communities grow,” said Mary O’Keefe, senior vice president and chief marketing officer, The Principal. “These programs enrich the lives of our employees and their families, and help the Central Iowa community to attract and retain top talent.”
Among the programs receiving funding were:
- Des Moines Art Center- Funds will support the free admission program which gives the public year-round access to showcased art and education at no charge.
- Iowa Public Radio - Funding will support the “ Being in Iowa” program which is a multi-part series of in-depth reports on what it’s like being a member of various minority groups in Iowa. The show features people from a range of ethnic, religious, and societal backgrounds, and the daily challenges they face.
- Arts for the City- The grant will support the After School Arts Program (ASAP) which connects artistically gifted third – fifth grade students with challenging and enriching arts classes that are guided by experienced artists. Transportation and material costs are covered for students in need.
The Principal is accepting Civic, Community & Environment grant applications through December 1, 2012 from nonprofit organizations in Central Iowa. For more information on application deadlines and criteria, visit: http://www.principal.com/grants.To learn more about how The Principal gives back, visit: http://www.principal.com/community. For more news and insights from The Principal, connect with us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/ThePrincipal. About the Principal Financial Group Foundation The Principal Financial Group Foundation provides philanthropic investments in the communities where employees of The Principal live and work through employee matching gifts, one-time major gifts, and a formal grants program. Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis in the following categories: Health & Human Services; Education; Arts & Culture; Civic, Community & Environment.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts