The epic conclusion to months of intense competition plays out this weekend at Blizzard Entertainment’s Battle.net ® World Championship, where the world’s top 32 StarCraft ® II players and top 10 World of Warcraft ® Arena teams will go head-to-head for the title of world champion.
The sold-out event takes place at the Shanghai Expo Mart in Shanghai, China, before a local audience of more than 10,000, but eSports fans from around the world can catch all the action live for free via a six-channel HD broadcast on www.battle.net/bwc. In North America, the live-stream action starts on Friday, November 16, at 9:00 p.m. EST / 6:00 p.m. PST, and the second day of broadcasting begins on Saturday, November 17, at 8:30 p.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. PST.
Cohosted by Blizzard Entertainment and its local partner, NetEase, Inc., the Battle.net World Championship is the grand finale to Blizzard’s 2012 StarCraft II World Championship Series, featuring more than 30 national and continental tournaments, and the World of Warcraft Arena Global Finals. Over the course of these competitions, millions of eSports fans around the world watched more than 600 pro players face off for a chance to represent their home region on the world stage.
“The Battle.net World Championship will be a truly epic finale to a series that’s already featured some unforgettable action,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “It’s been a thrill to watch the world’s best StarCraft II and World of Warcraft players fight for a seat at the event, and we can’t wait to see who’s going to win it all.”“We’re excited to bring this world-class eSports event to China, and we feel this is a historic occasion for eSports and the community of gamers worldwide,” said William Ding, CEO of NetEase. “We’re looking forward to some spirited competition and to celebrating our shared passion for gaming with Chinese players and eSports fans around the globe.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV