TORONTO, Nov. 14, 2012 /CNW/ - Invesco Canada Ltd., on behalf of the investment funds and client accounts managed by it, announces today its intent to requisition a meeting of shareholders of RONA inc. for the purpose of removing RONA's current directors and electing new directors in their place.
Invesco Canada exercises control or direction over 12,339,911 common shares of RONA, representing approximately 10.16% of RONA's outstanding common shares.
Invesco Canada Ltd., operating under three distinct yet complementary product brands (Trimark, Invesco and PowerShares), is one of Canada's largest investment management companies. A subsidiary of Invesco Ltd., Invesco Canada offers a diversified suite of investment solutions to institutions, organizations, companies and individual investors across Canada and around the world. Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our retail, institutional and high-net-worth clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ. Additional information is available at www.invesco.com.
Invesco and all associated trademarks are trademarks of Invesco Holding Company Limited, used under licence.SOURCE Invesco Canada Ltd.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV