The company closely evaluated EMC, NetApp and Dell solutions as the cornerstone infrastructure for its new data center. The company ultimately determined that EMC VNX unified storage provided the most efficient solution for rapidly rolling out a new data center while providing the flexibility to support anticipated growth. With the help of EMC and GreenPages Technology Solutions, an EMC Velocity Solution Provider, Sekisui was able to go live with its brand new data center in only three months.
- More Efficient Storage Infrastructure—For improved performance and efficiency, the medical diagnostics manufacturer's EMC VNX unified storage leverages a FLASH 1 st strategy to automatically move data based on activity level, optimizing for cost and performance simultaneously. Sekisui has completely standardized on VNX storage to support its enterprise applications, including Oracle for sales forecasting, Microsoft SQL Server for document management, Exchange email and MFG Pro enterprise resource planning. In addition, Sekisui has virtualized 90% of the environment using VMware vSphere virtualization.
- Simple, Cost-Effective Backups—The company is also protecting its diverse client set on both physical and virtualized servers with EMC® Avamar® deduplication backup software and system. With Avamar's simple management, Sekisui is able to easily manage backup and recovery processes in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom from a central location.
Michael DiBenedetto, Manager of IT Infrastructure Services. Sekisui Diagnostics
More Efficient Storage Infrastructure"We looked at Dell and NetApp, but they didn't offer the same flexibility and scalability that EMC provides. As a new and much smaller company, we've valued the scalability of EMC's VNX storage because we have the flexibility to adapt as our workload demands change. We also haven't needed to rip and replace hardware in the data center as internal demand has grown.""EMC and GreenPages were very responsive with our technical requirements. Combine that with the VNX system's built-in automation and multi-protocol support, and we met our very aggressive objective of our new data center going live in just three months."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts