HOPKINTON, Mass., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Sekisui Diagnostics, a manufacturer of innovative medical diagnostic solutions, has standardized on EMC ® technologies to implement a brand-new data center infrastructure in only three months as part of its divesture from Genzyme Corporation. Sekisui Diagnostics selected EMC VNX® over NetApp and Dell storage to more efficiently and easily manage rapid business growth, while improving response time for IT requests. Sekisui is also using EMC Avamar ® for its centralized backup and recovery solution, eliminating the former requirement of deploying backup hardware at all of its sites. Tight integration between VNX and VMware has enabled Sekisui to achieve a 90% virtualized environment using VMware ® vSphere ™, enabling it to provision new virtual machines in minutes.
- Quicker Fulfillment of Business Requests—Sekisui's IT organization has reduced time to deliver new IT resources to internal users, even as infrastructure capacity and the number of requests for services increase by 50%.
- Improved Efficiency—Since implementing a FLASH 1 st automated tiering strategy with EMC VNX, Sekisui can spend more time delivering value-added IT services instead of on administrative tasks for its mission-critical applications.
- Backup Simplicity—With EMC Avamar's inherently simple management, Sekisui can effectively manage backups around the globe from a single centralized location.
- Cost-Effective Backups— Avamar has enabled Sekisui to avoid capital cost by not having to deploy backup hardware at all of its sites.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Sekisui Diagnostics was tasked with building its own data center from scratch. Having previously relied on shared IT services from Genzyme, the company was seeking an IT infrastructure solution to provide an efficient, powerful and simple data center for its new operation. Sekisui also looked to implement a reliable and efficient tapeless backup and recovery solution that could scale as its business expanded.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV