- First-ever International TD Women Investor Poll reveals attitudes and habits of female investors in Canada, the U.K., and U.S.; finds similarities over the border and across the pond -
TORONTO, Nov. 14, 2012 /CNW/ - The majority of women who manage their investments online feel they've been successful at closely matching or outperforming the markets, according to the first-ever International TD Women Investor Poll, for which TD Waterhouse ( Canada), TD Direct Investing (U.K.) and TD Ameritrade (U.S.) teamed up to survey women investors in different countries to reveal their thoughts and attitudes about a variety of investment topics.
More than twice as many women in the U.S. (31%) and U.K. (38%) manage their investments online compared with their Canadian counterparts (13%). "While Canada may currently have fewer online investors compared to the U.S. and U.K., women investors are one of our fastest growing customer segments," says Rowena Chan, Vice President, TD Waterhouse Discount Brokerage. "With our new and enhanced platforms and the introduction of great tools like the Mobile App, we're always working to make online investing even easier for our clients."
Of these women online investors, more than three-quarters in Canada (76%) say they've consistently outperformed, or performed close to the market. This is consistent with women investors in the U.S. and U.K. who say they've also been successful managing their own investments online (81% and 82% respectively).The majority of women online investors in all three countries ( Canada: 87%, U.S.: 94% and U.K.: 87%) also say they are quite confident or level-headed about managing their portfolio, although in each country surveyed, approximately one-in-ten women ( Canada: 13%, U.S.: 6% and U.K.: 13%) say they're nervous and "never feel like they're making the right decisions when it comes to their investments." "We want women investors to feel empowered to manage their investments online, no matter their level of financial and investing knowledge. There are resources to help you get started, and tools and support available online and on the phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week," says Chan. "You are investing for yourself, but you don't have to do it by yourself. There's always resources and information available."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV