The Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation today marked World Diabetes Day and the second anniversary of its Together on Diabetes ™ initiative by issuing the initiative’s second annual report and awarding two new grants to partners in India.
In its first two years, Together on Diabetes has awarded $43.2 million to 21 grantees working in 28 states and more than 50 communities in the United States. Since the expansion of the initiative to China and India in May 2012, $3.37 million has been awarded for seven projects in those countries. China, India and the U.S. have the most people living with diabetes.
“We are enormously proud of the work of our Together on Diabetes grantees and partners,” said John Damonti, president, Bristol-Myers Squibb Foundation. “They are engendering hope in those hardest hit by the diabetes epidemic and transforming communities so that the healthy choice is an easier choice for the person living with type 2 diabetes.”
Together on Diabetes’ second annual report provides an update on the Foundation’s grantmaking and profiles how the innovative projects are helping people living with diabetes to improve control of their disease and how communities are coming together to make diabetes information and supportive services more visible, accessible, navigable, culturally competent and integrated with clinical care. The report also captures initial results and early lessons from the projects.Two new Together on Diabetes grants in India support programs in Jodhpur and Mumbai:
- Humana People to People will receive US $355,991 over two years to reduce diabetes-related morbidity and mortality and prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes among those at increased risk for the disease through timely intervention and home-based diabetes care.
- United Way Mumbai Helpline will receive US $205,362 over two years to use community-based lifestyle interventions for the prevention, early detection and management of type 2 diabetes among working adults and municipal and public school workers in Mumbai.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts