Romantic THINK Inns Celebrate The Season With Holiday Recipes And Events For Special Year-End Getaways
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The holiday season brings traditions old and new at a small group of top-ranked country inns and bed and breakfasts in Kentucky, Virginia, Ohio and Michigan. The innkeepers love to make the season extra festive and memorable for their guests, including cooking seasonal recipes and special events. And they enjoy sharing their recipes for guests to try at home.
Six innkeepers and chefs have just posted their most requested holiday recipes at http://www.thinkaboutinns.com/holiday_recipes.htm, including oyster gratin, roast turkey, cornbread dressing and gravy, sauteed Brussels sprouts with balsamic glaze, yam and apple casserole, cream corn, pecan sweet potato pie and gingerbread cake. Plus, they share 30 additional recipes, ranging from country ham to cranberry relish. The inns are members of the prestigious Time Honored Inns Nationally Known (THINK) association.
Since the inns are open throughout the holiday season, many guests give themselves a present and leave the cooking and cleaning to these innkeepers. Then, family and friends can focus on visiting and relaxing with the many amenities offered at each bed and breakfast inn.
Plus, there are plenty of special holiday happenings:
- In Marshall, Michigan, visit during the weekend of December 8-9 for the guided Candlelight Tour of the grand historic homes and ride the horse-drawn carriage from the National House Inn through the charming town.
- Another historic home tour takes place November 30-December 2 in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, with a special "Come Home to Christmas" weekend package at the legendary Beaumont Inn.
- Take a sleigh ride over the river and through the woods while staying at Castle in the Country bed and breakfast in Allegan, Michigan, near Saugatuck.
- At the Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls in the Hocking Hills of Ohio, guests learn their secrets to making great cookies with their popular hands-on cooking class on December 2 and 7.
- During a stay at the Inn at Gristmill Square in Warm Springs, Virginia, see the Christmas Forest with a half million lights, open weekends beginning November 23 and daily December 14 through January 1.
- Bring in the New Year at Murphin Ridge Inn near Cincinnati, Ohio, with the chef's exquisite seven-course dinner, a peaceful and romantic way to start 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV