The extrapolations for the success of Home Depot and Dick's have to be considered.
It's correct that Sherwin-Williams (SHW, the paint company), Masco (MAS, the kitchen and bath company) and Stanley Black & Decker (SWK, the toolmaker) have seen their stocks go higher today. That's a justifiable consequence of Home Depot's terrific gains.
You would expect Nike (NKE) to rally off of Dick's success, but Nike is too international in nature. We have to be satisfied with a run in Under Armour (UA), a big supplier to Dick's and one that's doing very well with the company.
We've seen a ton of companies disappoint this earnings season. The common theme of the ones that haven't? Awesome management. I salute Home Depot's Blake and Dick's Stack for their fabulous execution and the bountiful returns they have given shareholders of their companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV