Retailers reporting earnings results after the close Thursday:
Gap (GPS) ($33.69): Has a buy rating with a reasonable P/E and is above its 200-day SMA at $29.45. The stock set a multi-year high at $37.85 on Oct. 5. The stock has a negative weekly chart profile with the five-week MMA at $34.78 and the 200-week SMA at $21.34.
Retailers reporting earnings results pre-market Friday.
Foot Locker (FL) ($32.62): Has a buy rating with a reasonable P/E and is above its 200-day SMA at $31.94. The stock set a multi-year high at $37.65 on Sept. 21. The stock has a negative weekly chart profile with the five-week MMA at $33.98 and the 200-week SMA is $19.23.Hibbett Sports (HIBB) ($54.33): Has a buy rating with an elevated P/E and is below its 200-day SMA at $56.25. The stock set a multi-year high at $63.39 on Aug. 8. The stock has a negative weekly chart profile with the five-week MMA at $55.72 and the 200-week SMA is $34.00. At the time of publication the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. Follow @Suttmeier This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV