SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanmina-SCI Corporation (NASDAQ GS: SANM), a leading integrated manufacturing solutions company, today announced that effective Thursday, November 15, 2012, it will change its name to Sanmina Corporation. The Company's NASDAQ ticker symbol will remain "SANM".
This change is in line with the Company's product portfolio branding strategy. Sanmina will continue to focus on high value added services with an emphasis on design and engineering, manufacturing, logistics, repair and end-of-life services for its target markets. SCI will remain as a brand for the Company's defense and aerospace business.
"With over 50 years of experience, SCI has strong brand recognition in the defense and aerospace industry providing ruggedized communications products. Changing our Company name to Sanmina and branding our product businesses reinforces our commitment to our product strategy. This change allows for the product groups to go to market with their offerings while leveraging all of the benefits of being part of Sanmina," stated Jure Sola, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.About Sanmina-SCI Corporation Sanmina-SCI Corporation is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina-SCI provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to OEMs primarily in the communications, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, enterprise computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina-SCI has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world. More information regarding the company is available at www.sanmina-sci.com. SANMF SOURCE Sanmina-SCI Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV