A little love goes a long way. To help small businesses survive and thrive in a tough economy, Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU) will grant a wish a day, valuing up to $5,000 each, to 15 businesses through its Love Our Local Business program this holiday season.
Small businesses in the United States and Canada can submit their wishes at LoveOurLocalBusiness.com and then rally their fans to vote for their submissions. Intuit will fulfill one wish a day from December 3 - 21.
Surviving, Not Thriving
Based on an October 2012 Intuit Small Business Survey, 87 percent of small businesses said their businesses are either struggling to survive, or surviving but not growing. Forty-seven percent of respondents said a $5,000 infusion would significantly help or even save their businesses.“Succeeding in trying economic times is a month-to-month struggle for our small business customers, but they’re a passionate and resilient group,” said Ken Wach, vice president of marketing for Intuit’s Small Business Group. “Small businesses not only drive national economic growth, they’re integral to defining local communities and shaping national culture. We value small businesses and support them to pursue their passions.” Gifts That Keep on Giving For small businesses, this holiday season isn’t looking cheerful. The Intuit survey found that:
- 23 percent rated winter as the most financially difficult time of year – more than any other season.
- 41 percent ranked “paying my bills” as their No. 1 concern that keeps them up at night about their businesses.
- 53 percent said they believe the economy is slowly recovering but that their businesses are surviving, not growing.
- 34 percent agreed that the economy is poor, and their businesses are struggling to survive.
- 35 percent said $5,000 would significantly help their businesses.
- 12 percent said $5,000 would save their businesses.
- 27 percent would put it toward marketing.
- 16 percent would use it to cover operating costs, such as paying rent or a mortgage.
- 15 percent would spend it on technology, such as computers or software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV