MAP Pharma's Awkward FDA Silence
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- MAP Pharmaceuticals (MAPP) resubmitted Levadex to the FDA on Oct. 16 -- a second attempt seeking approval for the migraine headache inhaler after regulators issued a rejection letter in late March. Under the agency's rules, FDA has 14 days to accept a resubmission and assign a new approval date, which means MAP Pharma should have heard something by Halloween.
Twenty-nine days have passed since MAP Pharma resubmitted Levadex to FDA. One of two things has happened: The agency completely whiffed on meeting its review timeline, or FDA isn't going to accept the Levadex resubmission.
MAP shares, at Tuesday's $13.73 close, are down 11% since Oct. 31.
"When he have learned about our
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV