Neonode Inc. (NASDAQ:NEON), the MultiSensing touch technology company, today reported financial results for its third quarter and nine months ended September 30, 2012.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- 18 design wins during the quarter, bringing the year to date total to 58, of which 49 were for non e-readers
- Signed 2 new licensing agreements during the quarter for a total of 9 in the first nine months of 2012
- Launched the Smartphone I platform
- Launched a User Interface and Industrial Design licensing business that has initial design wins
- Opened a new office in Tokyo, Japan to accommodate growing new market design activity in the region
- Increased Intellectual Property activities to support new user interface licensing business
“I am extremely pleased with our success in penetrating four new high volume market segments. We currently have 13 design wins with some of the largest office equipment OEMs and 12 design wins for automotive infotainment systems, across a majority of the global automotive OEMs. We have 4 design wins in the mobile phone space, and are gaining significant attention in low-cost high-volume feature phone segments. I am also very excited to see that we are becoming the market’s premier touch solution provider for toys and gaming devices for kids, where we have 5 design wins, including the MEEP tablet made by Oregon Scientific released to the market in August” stated Neonode CEO Thomas Eriksson.
“Although we have faced some near-term challenges, and the e-reader market has not been as significant as initially expected, we do expect most of our customers to launch other types of exciting products in 2013. We remain optimistic about the coming quarters and expect to achieve profitability and experience significant growth during 2013”, concluded Eriksson.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV