THE HAGUE, the Netherlands, November 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc ("Shell") (NYSE: RDS.A)(NYSE: RDS.B) hosted a management day with investors today, focusing on global gas and Asia Pacific Upstream.
Outlining Shell's global gas strategy, CEO Peter Voser said: "Strong growth in gas markets, especially Integrated Gas, is a major opportunity for Shell and our shareholders. Our Integrated Gas earnings have more than trebled in the last five years, reaching $9 billion over the last year, driven by liquefied natural gas ("LNG") and gas-to-liquids ("GTL"), and we see growth opportunities to invest over $20 billion here for 2012-15."
"We are aiming to develop profitable new gas supplies to meet the market's growing demand for clean and affordable low carbon energy. This plays to Shell's technology and financial strength."Global primary energy demand could double to 400 million barrels of oil equivalent per day ("Mboe/d") in the first half of the 21 st century, from some 200 Mboe/d in 2000, and 270 Mboe/d in 2011, driven by the non-OECD economies. Some two thirds of energy consumption in 2030 could be in the non-OECD, compared to 56% today. Meeting this growth in demand will require large scale and sustained investment in all forms of energy, with an energy mix that is 80% hydrocarbons today, and it will be dominated by hydrocarbons for some time to come. Natural gas, which is the cleanest burning fossil fuel, has an important role to play, with more than 250 years of global supply established, and emerging exploration potential, especially in shale gas. Shell expects global natural gas demand to increase by 60% from 2010 to 2030, reaching 25% of the global primary energy mix and within that, strong growth in LNG.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV