"With the steady growth of mobile adoption and content consumption, we've seen an increase in on-the-go travel planning – more than one-third of mobile device owners, according to the study," said Noah Tratt, global vice president of Expedia Media Solutions. "The findings also show a significant number of consumers rely on OTAs for destination ideas, and we've developed a mobile strategy to help our advertisers reach travelers during critical planning phases, allowing them to influence customer decisions and optimize the experience closer to purchase."
Expedia Media Solutions currently offers mobile targeting solutions for Expedia.com®, Hotels.com® and Hotwire®. In addition, Expedia Media Solutions expects to launch sponsored search results – Expedia's Travel Ads program – on Expedia.com mobile and display ads on Hotels.com mobile later this month. Additional mobile display ad opportunities will be available in Q1 2013. For more information on Expedia Media Solutions, please visit www.advertising.expedia.com.
About Expedia Media Solutions
Formed in 2007, Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building online and offline media partnerships for travel and non-travel brand advertisers and to enable them to leverage the unique media value of Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global points of sale. For more information, visit www.advertising.expedia.com.About Expedia, Inc. Expedia, Inc. is the largest online travel company in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world's leading online travel brands, including:
- Expedia.com®, the world's largest full service online travel agency, with localized sites in 30 countries
- Hotels.com®, the hotel specialist with sites in more than 60 countries
- Hotwire®, a leading discount travel site that offers opaque deals in nine countries on its eight sites in North America and Europe
- Egencia®, the world's fifth largest corporate travel management company
- eLong™, the second largest online travel company in China
- Venere.com®, the online hotel reservation specialist in Europe
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of in-market concierge services, activities and experiences in 18 markets worldwide
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist