ST. LOUIS, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) has been notified by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) that IlliniCare Health Plan (IlliniCare), its Illinois subsidiary, has been selected to serve dual-eligible members in Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane, Kankakee and Will counties ( Greater Chicago region) as part of the Illinois Medicare-Medicaid Alignment Initiative.
A joint venture between the state of Illinois and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the initiative, pending federal approval, will provide a voluntary managed care program to an estimated 118,000 enrollees in the Greater Chicago region.
"IlliniCare is pleased to be able to bring our model of integrated care to dually-eligible individuals in Illinois," said Dan Parietti, Senior Vice President, Health Plan Operations, Centene Corporation. "We have worked in partnership with the state of Illinois to coordinate care for Medicaid members with complex conditions and look forward to using that experience to improve outcomes for the dual eligible population."
IlliniCare currently serves approximately 17,900 members as part of the Integrated Care Program for seniors and individuals with disabilities and chronic illnesses in suburban Cook and the surrounding counties. IlliniCare's innovative coordinated care approach engages members, caregivers and providers as active participants in the development of personalized care plans and medical homes."We are pleased that Illinois has selected IlliniCare to serve Medicaid members in a dual-eligible demonstration project," said Robert T. Hitchcock, Executive Vice President, Health Plan Business Unit, Centene Corporation. "This is a major contract win in the dual-eligible category and signifies the way in which Centene can position itself for future opportunities in this area."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV