Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ:RGLD) (TSX:RGL), today announced that its Board of Directors increased the Company’s annual dividend for its shares of common stock from $0.60 to $0.80, payable on a quarterly basis of $0.20 per share. The newly declared dividend is 33% higher than the dividend paid in calendar year 2012. Royal Gold has steadily increased its annual dividend since 2001.
The Board declared the dividend of $0.20 per share will be payable on January 18, 2013, to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 4, 2013. The quarterly dividend of US$0.20 is also payable to holders of exchangeable shares of RG Exchangeco.
Tony Jensen, President and CEO, said, “This marks the 12 th consecutive year of annual dividend increases by the board. This latest increase reflects the Company’s strong cash flow growth while balancing our resources to create additional long-term value.”
Royal Gold is a precious metals royalty company engaged in the acquisition and management of precious metal royalties and similar interests. The Company’s portfolio consists of 204 properties on six continents, including interests on 39 producing mines and 26 development stage projects. Royal Gold is publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “RGLD,” and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “RGL.” The Company’s website is located at
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV