Deck The Malls: The 4 Best Credit Cards For Holiday Shopping
It seems like big box stores start leaking their Black Friday sale flyers around the same time they discount leftover Halloween candy. That gives you a few weeks to work out a strategy for financing your holiday purchases. These four rewards credit cards offer special deals and promotions that can help you stretch your budget, eliminate interest payments, and even score you exclusive access to unique holiday experiences.
The brand that helped invent the cash back credit card brings its A game for this holiday season, offering a 5 percent rebate on your first $1,500 in department store and online purchases between now and the end of the year. If you'd rather not race through store aisles at five o'clock in the morning, Discover will even treat you to free next-day shipping on select items at Amazon.com. Choose your gifts from merchants listed at ShopDiscover.com, and you can bank bonus rebates of up to 15 percent.
If you're a first-time Discover Card member, you could qualify for one of the season's strongest signup offers. The Discover More Card offers six months of purchases at zero percent, followed by a competitive everyday annual percentage rate. You can also transfer a balance at no interest with no finance charges for up to 18 months, paying just a 3 percent upfront balance transfer fee.
Through the end of the year, Chase Freedom cardholders can earn up to 5 percent cash back on qualifying purchases from airlines, hotels, Best Buy, or Kohl's. However, a separate promotion with Kohl's lets Chase cardholders earn 10 percent of their purchases back as Ultimate Rewards credits when shopping through the Ultimate Rewards website. Chase will let you stack both rebates for a total of 15 percent cash back on your first $1,500 spent at any of Kohl's popular retail locations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV