These companies all have something Microsoft and its partners do not have -- unique retail experiences driven by atmosphere, exclusive and premium products, exceptional customer service or some powerful mix of one or more of the above.
These points link together to tell a story of abuse: We're living through a vicious cycle where enablers help losers lose and losers help enablers enable. And nobody has the guts, the will or the capacity to make a true break from the pack like Apple did when Steve Jobs came back as CEO.
Microsoft steps out with new products. It even builds one of its own. Intel meanders, supporting the "ultrabook" cause with money -- and more importantly -- attention that should be focused squarely on mobile technology.
Partners such as Dell (DELL) and Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) continue to suck the last few drops of gravy out of the train, while setting themselves up for failure in spaces dominated by behemoths such as IBM (IBM).There's hardly a peep of innovation or risk-taking at companies holding themselves hostage to the PC space and other sectors' scraps. That spells to continued dominance, even for a slightly-weakened, Tim Cook-navigated Apple. At the time of publication, the author was long AAPL. Follow @rocco_thestreet
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV