DUBLIN, November 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Fifteen everyday heroes who selflessly care for others in the face of adversity honored by Shire in annual international awards program
They inspire with their determination, selflessness, courage and hope. Fifteen caregivers from around the world have been announced today as Recipients or Distinguished Honorees in the 2 nd Annual Shire BRAVE Awards, an international program that honors the bravery and devotion of non-professional caregivers. Launched by Shire in 2011, the BRAVE Awards are the first and only initiative of its kind and are designed to celebrate the amazing commitment of unsung everyday heroes - caregivers - who provide consistent and dedicated care for others.
"Our BRAVE Award winners represent the invisible army of millions of family caregivers, many of whom balance a job, household tasks and the intense medical needs of another person, and in many case, several people," said Angus Russell, Shire Chief Executive Officer. "Their consistent care of others is an enormously generous way to live their life, and we at Shire are privileged to recognize these individuals who bravely overcome unimaginable obstacles and work tirelessly to give their loved ones as normal and healthy a life as possible."Shire received more than 550 nominations for the 2012 BRAVE Awards from 10 countries over the 15 week nomination period. The nominations were reviewed and ranked by the BRAVE Awards Selection Committee, including select Shire employees from around the world and two external and independent experts in the area of caregiving. The experts who supported the selection process for 2012 were Frank Goodwin, Secretary of EuroCarers, the European association that works on behalf of unpaid caregivers; and Gary Barg, Founder and Editor in Chief of Today ' s Caregiver and author of The Fearless Caregiver. "The BRAVE Awards is a unique international program that not only recognizes these specific carers but which also importantly raises awareness of the role non-professional caregivers play in our society everyday," said Mr. Goodwin.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV