Net loss for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 amounted to NIS 22.6 million ($5.8 million), compared with a net loss of NIS 7.9 million ($2.0 million) for the quarter ended September 30, 2011. Net loss for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 amounted to NIS 51.8 million ($13.3 million), compared with a net loss of NIS 36.0 million ($9.2 million) for the comparable period in 2011.
As of September 30, 2012, BioLineRx had NIS 101.1 million ($25.9 million) in cash, cash equivalents and short-term bank deposits, compared with NIS 98.8 million ($25.2 million) as of December 31, 2011. The increase in cash, cash equivalents and short-term deposits is mainly due to the private placement completed in February 2012, less cash outflows for the Company’s operating activities during the period.
Net cash used in operating activities was NIS 52.6 million ($13.4 million) for the nine months ended September 30, 2012, compared with net cash used in operating activities of NIS 26.9 million ($6.9 million) for the nine months ended September 30, 2011. The NIS 25.7 million ($6.5 million) increase in net cash used in operating activities during the nine-month period in 2012, compared to the nine-month period in 2011, was primarily the result of increased research and development spending.
Net cash provided by investing activities for the nine months ended September 30, 2012 was NIS 15.2 million ($3.9 million), compared to net cash used in investing activities of NIS 50.7 million ($13.0 million) for the nine months ended September 30, 2011. The cash flows provided by investing activities in the 2012 period relate primarily to a net decrease in the amount of short-term bank deposits during the period. The cash flows used in investing activities in the 2011 period relate primarily to a net increase in the amount of short-term bank deposits during the period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV