**Basic and diluted earnings/(loss) per share is calculated by dividing the profit/(loss) attributable to owners of the Company by the weighted average number of ordinary shares in issue during the year, as adjusted for the reorganisation transactions described in supplemental note 1.
*** Gross debt is down 18% compared with 30 June 2012, £436.9m.
CommercialCommercial revenue for the quarter increased 24.3% to £43.0 million driven by the addition of several new global (including General Motors - Chevrolet) and regional sponsorships; an increase in receipts from existing partnerships; an increase in profit share pursuant to the arrangement with Nike; and the commencement of new mobile partnerships. For the quarter:
- Sponsorship revenue increased 32.4% year on year to £27.8 million. Manchester United entered into ten new sponsorship agreements during the quarter;
- Retail, Merchandising, Apparel & Product Licensing revenue increased 11.9% year on year to £9.4 million; and
- New Media & Mobile revenue increased 11.5% year on year to £5.8 million.
timing differences of £5.6m as a result of playing one UEFA Champions League game in the current year quarter compared to two games in the prior year quarter; a ‘residual receipt’ from UEFA relating to the 2011/12 UEFA Champions League competition will be received in Q2; and two fewer live FAPL broadcasts this year compared to the same period in the prior year.
permanent differences of c.£2.6m resulting largely from lower distributions from the UEFA Champions League fixed pool, as a consequence of finishing 2 nd in the Premier League in season 2011/12 compared to finishing 1 st in season 2010/11.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV