Manchester United (NYSE: MANU; the “Company” and “Group”) – one of the most popular and successful sports teams in the world - today announced financial results for the 2013 fiscal first quarter ended 30 September 2012.
- Commercial revenues grew 24%
- Sponsorship revenue increased 32.4%
- Retail, merchandising apparel & product licensing revenue increased 11.9%
- New media & mobile increased 11.5%
- Ten new Sponsorship deals were entered into in the first quarter – General Motors, Bwin, Toshiba Medical Systems, Yanmar (global); Kagome (regional); Santander, Shinsei Bank and MBNA (financial services); Bakcell (mobile); and Fuji TV (MUTV)
- Our new Hong Kong office opened in August 2012 and has already made a positive impact on sponsorship
- 1 st place in Premier League & Champions League Group H
Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman commented, ‘Manchester United had a record first quarter driven by our commercial operation, which continues to experience extremely strong global revenue growth in new media & mobile, retail merchandising & sponsorship. The team has also made a strong start to the 12/13 season – currently 1st place in the Premier League and 1st place (and undefeated) in our Champions League Group’.Outlook For fiscal 2013, Manchester United continues to expect:
- Revenue to be £350m to £360m.
- Adjusted EBITDA to be £107m to £110m.
Key Financials (unaudited)
|£ million|| Three months ended
|Profit/(loss) for the period from continuing operations (i.e. Net Income)||20.5||(5.0)||N/A|
|Basic and diluted earnings/(loss) per share**||0.13||(0.03)||N/A|
|Cash and cash equivalents||52.5||65.0||(19.2%)|
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts