F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV) announced that its Traffix ™ Signaling Delivery Controller ™ (SDC ™) is the market’s first Diameter solution to support the new Diameter specifications per the latest release of RFC 6733 by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF). The release of this new standard makes the previous RFC 3588 and 5719 obsolete. Diameter is the base protocol for Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA), enabling network access and IP mobility in both home and roaming mobile LTE networks.
F5’s SDC product is the market-leading, multifunctional platform for Diameter routing, load balancing, and gateway connectivity. Since the product’s inception, it has been fully compliant with IETF, 3GPP, and GSMA standards. In addition, all current deployments of the SDC are forward compatible with the new standard.
“Through our work with communications service providers and global network equipment providers, we are able to stay apprised of what’s on the horizon for industry standards bodies,” said Ben Volkow, VP of Product Development at F5. “We have been aware of RFC 6733 and welcome its arrival because it provides for several enhancements for CSPs in the areas of security, management, and flexibility. We see this leading to better routing and management capabilities for operators to handle the challenges inherent with LTE.”
“The new IETF standard release RFC 6733 will be an asset to operators as it adds flexibility in configuring their networks for the many situations and use cases that LTE will bring—some of which we are already aware, and some which we have yet to encounter,” said Dimitris Mavrakis, Principal Analyst at Informa Telecoms & Media, a leading research firm. “F5 should be recognized for its far-ranging vision into the LTE ecosystem, particularly around how Diameter plays the enabling role for the success and profitability of operators rolling out LTE technology.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV