CollabRx, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLRX) today announced financial results for the Second Quarter Fiscal Year 2013, which ended September 30, 2012.
Fiscal 2013 Second Quarter Financial Statement Highlights
- The Company’s Net Loss per share in the Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 was ($0.68), compared with ($0.28) in the Second Quarter of the prior fiscal year and ($0.40) Net Loss in the First Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013.
- CollabRx recorded a Net Loss of ($1,284) in the Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 compared with ($476) in the Second Quarter of the prior fiscal year.
- Operating Expenses totaled $1,347 and included a full quarter of the expenses of the merged company. In addition to approximately $500 in transaction-related and employment retention costs, operating expenses included approximately $280 in non-cash stock compensation (ASC Topic 718) and depreciation / amortization expenses.
- CollabRx ended the Second Quarter of Fiscal Year 2013 with approximately $6.2 million in cash.
- On July 12, 2012, the Company, under its former name, Tegal Corporation, announced the closing of a transaction to acquire CollabRx, Inc., a development-stage data analytics company that uses cloud-based expert systems to inform healthcare decision-making. The Company consolidated operations from Petaluma, CA and Palo Alto, CA into new headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
- On September 27, 2012, the Company amended its charter to change its name to CollabRx, Inc. and began trading on the NASDAQ CM under the symbol CLRX.
- During the quarter, CollabRx signed an exclusive license agreement to provide a version of its proprietary Therapy Finder™ tool to MedPage Today, Everyday Health, Inc.'s rapidly growing online site. Everyday Health reports that 96% of oncologists are served by MedPage Today, which had over 1.6 million unique visitors in June 2012, according to comScore. In addition to license fees, a portion of the revenue generated by sponsorships to Everyday Health’s “Oncology Next” service is to be shared with CollabRx.
- CollabRx announced a multi-year partnership agreement with Life Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: LIFE) for development and commercialization of CollabRx technology and content resources to be used in conjunction with Life Technologies’ global cancer diagnostics development and its laboratory developed test services business.
“We have emerged quickly and powerfully in the few short weeks since we formally launched as the publicly traded CollabRx, Inc.,” said Chairman and Co-CEO Thomas Mika. “The agreements that we signed with Everyday Health and Life Technologies marks the entry of the Company into its commercialization phase and validates the business model in two key sectors of the health care market. We have a strong pipeline of additional strategic deals that will build on our platform and lead to significant future revenues.”