SUNNYVALE, Calif., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) introduced today several new features to further enhance its Connected Farm™ solution. Connected Farm is an integrated operations management solution that provides information exchange across the entire farm. New features include additional viewing capabilities between vehicles operating in the same field, and reports on the productivity and delay of field equipment.
Trimble's Connected Farm vehicle-to-vehicle communication allows real-time wireless data transmission between multiple vehicles and mixed fleets operating in the same field. The new features allow operators to:
- View virtual tank levels of nearby devices that are planting or applying product, allowing applicators to coordinate seed and chemical refill.
- Share instant yield, instant moisture, and combined coverage layers for yield and moisture with different displays that are in the same field.
- Share "as-applied" coverage layers between displays for vehicles conducting the same operation with the same material.
- View coverage data from multiple vehicles in the same field that are performing different operations without affecting row shutoff. For example, when tilling and planting simultaneously, operators can assess which areas have been covered by the other vehicle.
- View a combined coverage map with a legend of multiple vehicles in the same field to quickly pinpoint each vehicle's covered area.
Trimble's Connected Farm solution provides a Web-based application for managing fleets including real-time vehicle position and a cab dashboard showing valuable engine information. New, expanded features of the solution give managers the ability to analyze the efficiency and productivity of their fleet by providing reports that detail total time spent idling, traveling, speeding, moving, working and delayed. When used with a Trimble FmX® integrated display, operators will be prompted to select a "Delay Reason" when they stop working. These reasons are available in reports using the Connected Farm Web application to assess the productivity of fleet operations.