PC maker Dell (DELL) is expected by analysts Thursday to post a third-quarter profit of 40 cents a share on revenue of $13.89 billion. Dell reports after the closing bell.
Other companies slated to report before Thursday's open include Bon-Ton Stores (BONT), Children's Place (PLCE), Dollar Tree Stores (DLTR), GameStop (GME), Perry Ellis (PERY), Ross Stores (ROST), Stage Stores (STGS), Stein Mart (SMRT), The Buckle (BKE), and Viacom (VIAB).
The late roster features Applied Materials (AMAT), Aruba Networks (ARUN), Autodesk (ADSK), Cosi (COSI), Dole Food (DOLE), Gap (GPS), Intuit (INTU), Marvell Technology (MRVL), New York & Co. (NWY), Sears Holdings (SHLD), Sina Corp. (SINA), and The Wet Seal (WTSLA).
Texas Instruments (NTAP) announced Wednesday fresh restructuring plans that call for the elimination of 1,700 jobs, or roughly 5% of its work force. The company anticipates charges totaling $325 million in connection with the restructuring program. Texas Instruments is targeting annual savings of $450 million from the moves.
Honeywell (HON) and Rockwell Collins (COL)are set to receive major contracts to supply systems to Boeing (BA)for its updated 737 Max jetliner, two people familiar with the decisions told The Wall Street Journal.
Australia's GrainCorp on Thursday rejected a $2.8 billion takeover bid from Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV