MADRID, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced the SAP HANA® platform support pack stack 5 (SPS5) to power mission-critical transactional and analytical applications in one platform. SAP HANA will further collapse the architectural layers between application and data processing. It will converge database services for transaction, analytics, text and predictive processing together with application services for the application server, planning, rules and event stream processing within one in-memory based architecture. SAP HANA SPS5 will also support large-scale data center deployments with expanded support for high availability, disaster recovery and security. In addition, SAP is aggressively fostering open innovation with more than 150 startups delivering solutions on top of SAP HANA as well as introducing a certification program planned to support best-of-breed third-party business intelligence (BI), ETL and back-up/recovery solutions. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW + SAP® TechEd, being held as a co-located event in Madrid from November 13-16.
"We made a bold commitment earlier this year to deliver mission-critical applications on the SAP HANA platform and we have reached that goal with our own CRM solution powered by SAP HANA," said Vishal Sikka, member of the SAP Executive Board, Technology & Innovation. "Besides SAP solutions, we're also seeing groundbreaking innovations from over 150 startups and partners building purposeful big data solutions on top of the SAP HANA platform."
SAP HANA SPS5 to Collapse Layers to Enable Real-Time EnterpriseNew features in SAP HANA will help further eliminate the inherent latency and complexity that exist in today's application architecture. Converging data and application processing all within one in-memory platform architecture will help companies gain insight in real time. Key features in SAP HANA will include:
- Single environment for transactional (OLTP) and analytical (OLAP) data processing: SAP HANA will be both a read-optimized column store ideally suited for OLAP applications and a write-optimized row store suited for OLTP applications, such as the SAP® 360 Customer solution.
- Natural language-based text analytics: By expanding advanced text search with natural language processing, organizations will be able to process text and social sentiment data within SAP HANA to filter files, identify entities and analyze sentiment across 31 languages.
- Expanding predictive analytics for SAP HANA: SAP HANA will continue to expand on embedded predictive algorithms to enable enterprises to perform segmentation and clustering analyses to identify and retain profitable customers, improve upsell opportunities and detect fraud. New predictive analysis library functions for SAP HANA SPS5 will include classification, clustering, outlier detection and data preparation algorithms. In addition, SAP HANA will also support predictive model markup language (PMML) for the integration and sharing of predictive models. The additional native predictive functions within the in-memory SAP HANA database engine will allow developers, partners and customers to continue developing powerful and fast predictive applications on the platform.
- Enhanced business rules management: Business rules management in SAP HANA will be a core component of the extended application services built into SAP HANA. This will empower developers to easily add business rules to their applications without embedding these directly within software codes. These rules are designed to be easily maintained by end users without writing code and through a simple intuitive interface. It will have the ability to simulate, mine for trends and patterns and modify physical data based on actions.
- Real-time stream data processing support: High velocity, streaming data typically produced by machines, financial exchanges and massive websites will be able to be processed in real time using SAP® Sybase® Event Stream Processor (SAP Sybase ESP), enabling organizations to identify significant events that impact business. Organizations will be able to efficiently store events identified by SAP Sybase ESP directly into SAP HANA in high speed for storage and further analysis. Additionally, SAP Sybase ESP will be able to take advantage of the real-time analytic features of SAP HANA to evaluate complex decisions based on deep multi-sourced data in SAP HANA.
- Common modeling environment across data stores via SAP® Sybase® PowerDesigner, is intended to enable organizations to develop a logical information view regardless of where data is stored.
- High-performance bulk loading of data into SAP HANA or SAP Sybase IQ from a variety of new data sources including Hadoop via SAP® Data Services software is planned to be available.
- Enhanced data profiling user interface is planned to enable business users to manage metadata as business terms, monitor data quality scorecards and identify data quality issues across the enterprise — no matter where the data resides — via SAP® Information Steward software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV