ROTTERDAM, Netherlands, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) today announced that the company will restore a low-density polyethylene (LDPE) line in Wesseling, Germany, that has been out of service since January 2012. Startup of the new line is targeted for mid-2013.
The Wesseling LDPE line has historically been used to produce LDPE grades for healthcare applications. Restoration of this LDPE line will enhance the company's ability to supply this important market. LyondellBasell also announced the creation of a new sales group within its European specialty polyolefins sales organization to further strengthen its commitment to, and support of, customers in the medical industry.
"The restoration of this LDPE production line at Wesseling and the increased focus we will obtain through our new sales organization will enable us to better serve our customers and help them to optimize their supply chain through our higher production capability," said Bob Patel, LyondellBasell's Senior Vice President, Olefins and Polyolefins for Europe, Asia and International.LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500 Index. LyondellBasell ( www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. SOURCE LyondellBasell Industries
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV