As Part Of Worldwide Program, Zagat Honors Next Generation Of Culinary Leaders With Its First-Ever Boston "30 Under 30" Awards
BOSTON, Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of a worldwide program, today Zagat announced its first-ever Boston 30 Under 30 Awards. Compiled by Zagat's editorial team, the winners spotlight up-and-coming chefs, managers, beverage directors, patissieres and even a chief cheese griller, all under the age of 30. The list of honorees were celebrated last night with a cocktail party at the Boston Public Library. Over the past year, similar 30 Under 30 awards have been held in New York, London, Paris, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago.
"These awards are meant to recognize the next generation of Boston culinary professionals who are expected to lead the industry in the future," said Tim Zagat, Co-Founder and Co-Chair of Zagat. "We award not only the top young chefs, but also professionals from the front of the house, since all of these people are vital to the success of the industry."
Zagat's 2012 Boston 30 Under 30 Honorees are the following:
- Jessie Banhazl, Owner/Managing Director, Green City Growers (28)
- Marley Brush, Co-Owner, Crema Cafe (29)
- Brahm Callahan, Wine Director, Grill 23 & Bar, Post 390 (28)
- Patrick Cassidy, Former Bar Manager, Saloon (26)
- Christopher Coombs, Executive Chef, dbar; Owner/Exec. Chef, Deuxave (28)
- John Paul daSilva, Executive Chef, Spoke Wine Bar (28)
- Joey DePasquale, Vice President, DePasquale Ventures (21)
- Meredith Devinney, General Manager, Menton (26)
- James DiSabatino, Founder and Chief Cheese Griller, Roxy's Grilled Cheese
- Selena Donovan, Restaurant Manager, Towne Stove & Spirits (26)
- Patrick Gaggiano, General Manager, Trina's Starlite Lounge and Parlor Sports (25)
- Robert Grant, Executive Chef, The Blue Room and Belly Wine Bar (27)
- Shore Gregory, President, Island Creek Oysters (28)
- Kurt Gurdal, General Manager, Formaggio Kitchen (29)
- Jeremy Kean and Philip Kruta, Chefs/Owners, Whisk (Jeremy, 26; Philip, 23)
- Jason Kilgore, Beverage Manager, Catalyst (27)
- Katie Kimble, Pastry Chef, Area Four (28)
- Kristen Kish, Chef de Cuisine, Stir (28)
- Hilary Koloski, Owner & Chief Baking Officer, Cow & Crumb Baking Company (27)
- Tim Maslow, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Strip-T's (28)
- Heather Mojer, Bartender and Front of House Manager, Hungry Mother (29)
- Samuel Monsour, Executive Chef, JM Curley (29)
- Helder Pimentel, Founder and President, Backlash Beer Company (28)
- Daniel Raia, Chef de Cuisine, Sweet Cheeks Q (28)
- Marcos Sanchez, Executive Chef, Tres Gatos (29)
- Shaun Brian Sells, Executive Chef, Harbor View Hotel (28)
- Mike Smith, Chef de Cuisine, Toro (29)
- Fernanda Tapia, Chef de Cuisine, 51 Lincoln (28)
- Josh Taylor, Bar Manager, West Bridge (29)
- Sam Treadway, Bar Manager and Co-Owner, Backbar (28)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV