Starbucks Puts Premium Coffee In The Fast Lane With The First Drive-thru-only Store From Seattle's Best Coffee. Standing At Less Than 600 Square Feet, The Mini Store Opens In Seattle's SODO Neighborhood. (Photo: Business Wire)
Seattle’s Best Coffee, part of Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX), today unveils the future of its retail business, a revolutionary new small footprint drive-thru and walk-up only store built for speed. Standing at less than 600 square feet, which is 65 percent smaller than its previous store, the mini store represents a completely transformed retail strategy for the brand. With this new concept, Seattle’s Best Coffee is appealing to a large and growing audience of customers who are increasingly getting their coffee on-the-go. According to NPD Group, last year 12.4 billion visits were made through drive-thrus, a two percent increase over the prior year. 1 The first store debuts in Seattle’s SODO neighborhood and will roll out in more markets beginning in 2013.
“Customers are demanding better coffee everywhere they go and we believe we’ve cracked the code on how to deliver a premium cup of coffee in the fast lane at just the right price,” said Jim McDermet, senior vice president and general manager, Seattle’s Best Coffee. “We have completely overhauled our store concept both inside and out. Our drive-thru store features a new menu of affordable, delicious, car-friendly beverages and food for customers who need a one-stop destination without any compromises, any time of the day.”
The new menu line-up was finalized after launching a learning lab in the Chicago area earlier this year. Based on customer feedback, new signature food items and value-forward combo meals have been added. With equal focus on coffee drinks and all-day-long food items, the menu is unlike anything available in the current marketplace.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV