SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Carrier, the world's leader in high technology heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) solutions, is proud to be the presenting sponsor for the third year in a row of the International Summit at Greenbuild 2012 in San Francisco. Approximately 400 building professionals representing 30 countries today gathered at the event to exchange ideas and learn about the latest in green building strategies. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX)
Many countries formed delegations to attend the Sixth Annual Greenbuild International Summit, including France, Colombia, Finland, China, Italy, Mexico, Singapore, Sweden and United Arab Emirates. The event featured a full day of breakout sessions, addressing diverse topics such as "The New Dimension: $3.5 Trillion Fueling Global Green Buildings," "Removing Barriers for International LEED Projects" and "Greening Upwards and Beyond Buildings." Geraud Darnis, president and CEO, UTC Climate, Controls & Security, presented the lunchtime plenary address on the "Arc of Transformation" in the green building movement.
"As we stand on the eve of the 20th anniversary of U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), the arc of transformation stands in an amazing place with more than 47,000 Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED ®) registered projects. We see strong green building rating systems across the world," Darnis said in his remarks. "It's not a question anymore if major development will be green – it's only a discussion of how green?"Darnis also introduced high-level findings from a new world green building trends study released by McGraw-Hill Construction in partnership with United Technologies. Some of the highlights include:
- Green building continues to grow. One third of the respondents indicate that more than 60 percent of their work portfolio is in green building activity - double from 2008 survey. Respondents project that by 2015, it will almost double again.
- Green building is global. The companies who have more than 60 percent of their work in green buildings are growing in each region of the world, particularly in the Middle East.
- Green buildings are sought after by building owners and tenants. In 2008, 42 percent of respondents said green building was "the right thing to do." Today, respondents say clients are asking for green technologies, and green buildings offer lower operating cost.
- Green building is paying for itself. Forty three percent of respondents report that green retrofit investments pay off in less than five years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV