6. Eagle Bancorp
Shares of Eagle Bancorp (EGBN) of Bethesda, Md., closed at $20.52 Monday, returning 41% year-to-date, following a 1% return last year.
The shares trade for 1.7 times their reported Sept. 30 tangible book value of $11.97, and for 12 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.70.
Eagle Bancorp had $3.0 billion in total assets as of Sept. 30. The Company in May began a $40 million "at-the-market" common equity raise, with net proceeds from the sale of new shares totaling $28.8 million as of Sept. 30.Third-quarter net income available to common shareholders was $9.5 million, or 45 cents a share, increasing from $7.6 million, or 38 cents a share, in the second quarter, and $6.3 million, 32 cents a share, in the third quarter of 2011. Net interest income increased to $33.3 million in the third quarter, from $31.0 million the previous quarter, and $25.4 million a year earlier. Eagle Bancorp's net interest margin continued to impress, widening to 4.44% in the third quarter, from 4.39% the previous quarter, and 3.98% a year earlier. Following similar improvement in the second quarter, Marinac said that the margin expansion meant that in addition to acquiring new customers, the company was "doing more business with the same customers." Marinac rates Eagle Bancorp "Outperform," with a price target of $22.50, saying on Oct. 22 that "new personnel hires with deep relationships are transferring business to EGBN at a strong and sustained pace. Yet, average loan sizes remain small and focused below the radar-screen of regional & national bank competitors." "Average
Interested in more on Eagle Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV