7. Fidelity Southern Corp.
Shares of Fidelity Southern Corp. (LION) of Atlanta closed at $9.10 Monday, returning 59% year-to-date, following a 12% decline during 2011.
The shares trade just below their reported tangible book value of $9.52 as of Sept. 30, and for eight times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.09.
Fidelity Southern had $2.4 billion in total assets as of Sept. 30. The company reported third-quarter net income available to common shareholders of $7.3 million, or 45 cents a share, increasing from $5.6 million, or 45 cents a share, in the second quarter, and $1.3 million, or eight cents a share, during the third quarter of 2011. The main factor in the earnings improvement was an increase in mortgage banking revenue to $14.8 million in the third quarter, from $10.8 million the previous quarter, and $5.2 million a year earlier, which was partially offset by an increase in noninterest expenses.Third-quarter net interest income was $20.7 million, increasing from $19.9 million in the second quarter, and $17.6 million a year earlier. The third-quarter net interest margin was 3.74%, narrowing from 3.86% the previous quarter, but expanding from 3.55% a year earlier. Excluding loans acquired from failed institutions and covered by Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. loss-sharing agreements and the accretion of loan discounts, the net interest margin was 3.56% in the third quarter. The company reported a third-quarter ROA of 1.33% and a return on average equity of 17.93%. Marinac rates Fidelity Southern "Outperform," with a price target of $11.75, saying on Oct. 19 that "the company excelled in Fee Income as Mortgage, Indirect, and
Interested in more on Fidelity Southern Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV