Callan McAuliffe GQ MEN OF THE YEAR Breakthrough Award Winner
SYDNEY, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GQ Magazine created history tonight in Australia, announcing Callan McAuliffe (age 17) as their youngest ever award winner with their internationally recognized GQ MEN OF THE YEAR awards.
Callan received the "GQ Breakthrough of The Year Award 2012 " from iconic American director Rob Reiner in a 'virtual presentation' from Los Angeles. Mr. Reiner is well known for his many successful movies including: When Harry Met Sally , Stand by Me, The Bucket List, Misery, and Flipped.
Hand-picked by Reiner as his romantic lead in the award-winning Flipped (2010), Callan has gone on to enjoy a leading role in Steven Spielberg, Michael Bay, and DJ Caruso's I Am Number Four (2011). Director Baz Luhrmann cast Callan to play the Young Jay to Leonardo DiCaprio's adult lead role in The Great Gatsby - filmed in Sydney in 2011/12.In 2012, Callan filmed three feature films in three countries including The Great Gatsby. He has just wrapped the lead role in multi-award winning and Emmy Nominated director, Aron Gaudet's, Blue Potato, a coming of age story of two young French Canadians (slated for release 2013). Earlier in 2012 Callan, along with Anthony La Paglia and Rachel Griffiths, flew to Melbourne to film Underground. Callan played the guest lead role of "Prime Suspect" - historically known as the best friend to Julian Assange as they hacked into the Pentagon at age 17. For 2013, Callan has been selected by director Amy Redford to be the lead in her film The House That Jack Built. The story - based on historic events - focuses on a young sports star and is set in a mid-west mining town in America. Callan was named "actor to watch" in Australian film industry magazines Inside Film and Encore in both 2011 and 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV