UCOAR Opposes Senate Bill 273
COLUMBUS, Ohio, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The United Coalition of Ohio Auto Recyclers (UCOAR) announced its unified opposition to Senate Bill 273, which is being considered by the House Insurance Committee this week. At the heart of the opposition is a concern over Ohio jobs, which are unnecessarily being put at risk by the bill. SB 273 would weaken the standards regarding who can buy salvage automobiles at auction.
"We find that this legislation will not improve public policy but instead will damage the Ohio economy and put public safety at greater risk," said George R. Sapir, a spokesperson for UCOAR. "Currently, Ohio enjoys sensible rules that require qualified, licensed buyers for salvage auctions. Opening these auctions to all sorts of buyers will increase risk to our streets, harm our environment, and make car theft easier. It is not a bill Ohio should pass into law."
Senate Bill 273 would also allow unlicensed individuals from out of state to bid on salvage automobiles at auction. Because the unlicensed bidders will inflate prices, recyclers in Ohio will be hurt by the new law, which will lead to a loss of jobs. Conservative estimates show that up to 20 percent of the jobs in the Ohio automobile recycling industry would be lost.
"We encourage all the members of the Ohio General Assembly and the general public to become educated on this important issue," said Sapir. "Our website contains a complete list of myths and facts about this legislation at http://ucoar.org/sb-273/myths-and-facts/. A full review of the impacts of the legislation shows that it is bad for Ohio and bad for jobs."Senate Bill 273 will be heard by the Ohio House Insurance Committee on Wednesday, November 14. Contact: George R Sapir614-450-2886 email@example.com SOURCE United Coalition of Ohio Auto Recyclers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV