Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that a Hyatt affiliate has entered into a management agreement with Grande Asset Hotels and Property Public Company Limited, a Bangkok-based real estate development company, for Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit. Expected to open in 2017, the hotel will be the first Hyatt Regency-branded hotel in Bangkok, and will join the already open Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok.
The plans for Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit represent an integral step towards the brand’s distribution in one of Asia’s key markets. Located in the heart of the rapidly expanding commercial city center, the hotel will be part of a mixed-use development that includes a boutique shopping experience and an upscale residential tower.
“Bangkok is a key gateway city in Asia and we are delighted at the opportunity to have a Hyatt Regency in this market. The hotel perfectly complements the currently operating Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok and the under-construction Park Hyatt Bangkok and will offer Hyatt guests a choice of high quality hotels,” said Ratnesh Verma, senior vice president, real estate and development, Asia Pacific, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts. “The addition of the hotel reflects Hyatt’s commitment to the region and to expanding its distribution in markets where guests are increasingly traveling,” added Verma.
Hyatt Regency Bangkok, Sukhumvit will feature 300 guestrooms, including 26 suites. Designed by renowned Thai architecture firm Bangkok Architects, the hotel will feature a three meal multi-cuisine restaurant, a specialty restaurant and a bar. Designed to offer a full range of services and facilities tailored to serve the needs of meeting planners, the hotel will have more than 10,700 sq ft (1,000 sq m) of contemporary meeting space, including a ballroom. Additional hotel amenities will include a six treatment- room spa, a fitness center, a swimming pool, and a club lounge.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV