Goldman Analyst Upgrades Albemarle To 'Buy'
NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Shares of Albemarle Corp. rose Tuesday after a Goldman Sachs analyst raised his rating on the specialty chemical maker on expectations that an improving economy will drive more demand for its products.
THE OPINION: Goldman Sachs analyst Robert Koort raised his rating to "Buy" from "Neutral" and his 12-month price target to $67 per share from $62 per share.
He lowered his 2012 earnings per share estimate to $4.52 from $4.53 and the 2013 estimate to $4.95 from $5.13. Analysts surveyed by FactSet, on average, predicted 2012 earnings of $4.52 per share and 2013 earnings of $5.01 per share.
The Baton Rouge, La., company has been hurt by lower demand in electronics, which affected its polymer solutions business. It also was pressured by a drop in rare earth metal prices.Koort told clients in a research note that he expected rare earth metals prices to be less of an issue for Albemarle in the months ahead. The fine chemistry business should see more demand from drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico. The forecast for the polymer solutions business was for flat volumes, he said. THE STOCK: Shares of Albemarle rose 54 cents to end at $55.65. They are up 8 percent so far in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV