Campbell Soup Company (NYSE:CPB) today announced the launch of the Campbell’s Go soup Communal Tables program. Campbell is inviting Millennials in New York City and Chicago to gather around the Campbell’s Go Communal Tables to enjoy two things Millennials love – great tasting food and lively conversation. The Communal Tables program is part of a broader marketing campaign aimed at igniting Millennials’ passion points in food, humor, music and gaming through original content and conversation.
The Campbell’s Go Communal Tables program will occur on a single day in New York City and Chicago, with five Communal Table sessions over the course of the day in each city. Each table will be hosted by a local, well known and influential entertainer, fashion connoisseur or other subject matter expert. A different group of ten Millennial consumers (aged 18 – 34) will convene at each table for an hour-long session to enjoy a six-course sampling of the new Campbell’s Go soups and discuss a topic chosen by the host.
“ Campbell’s Go soups represent the next generation of soups from Campbell Soup Company,” said Darren Serrao, Vice President Innovation and Business Development, Campbell Soup Company. “In many ways, these soups were made for Millennials by Millennials. Our Campbell team traveled around the world, meeting with Millennials and experiencing firsthand what excites them. Eating from food trucks, at their favorite neighborhood restaurants and in their own kitchens, we learned about their preference for bold, adventurous flavors in food. Bringing Millennials together at these communal tables is a great way to get them excited about what their generational peers helped create and offer them the opportunity to connect with influential subject matter experts about topics that interest them.”
The five New York City Communal Tables will be held on November 13 and will be hosted by creator and host of the documentary series Jabari Presents, Jabari Johnson; creators of popular dining website Immaculate Infatuation, Andrew Steinthal and Chris Stang; well-known DJ Mick Boogie; CEO of DoSomething.org, Nancy Lublin; and Jenni Radosevich of ISpy–DIY.com. The five Chicago Communal Tables will be held on November 15 and will feature discussions with Chicago Sun-Times’ Splash Chicago Editor, Susanna Negovan; The Second City’s Katie Rich; founder of luxury consignment service eDrop-Off, Corri McFadden; jazz musician Milton Suggs and lead singer of The Exports, Archie Powell.Campbell’s Go Digital Marketing Campaign Recognizing Millennials’ penchant for social media, the Campbell’s Go marketing campaign is focused primarily on digital communications. With the Campbell’s Go Facebook page as a central hub, Campbell’s Go is leveraging a series of partnerships to generate original digital content that speaks to the Millennial consumers’ passion points in humor, music and gaming. Efforts include the following:
- Campbell’s Go has partnered with BuzzFeed to develop shareable social content on BuzzFeed.com. BuzzFeed is the leading social news organization focused on delivering high-quality original reporting, insight and social content ranging from politics, news, pop culture, sports, lifestyle and more. BuzzFeed and Campbell's Go soups will create humorous posts that are thematically relevant to the brand and are designed to elicit reactions and promote sharing on social platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Campbell's Go and BuzzFeed will also co-host an art exhibit in New York City on December 4, 2012, showcasing Campbell's Go soups and local artists who have created works of art using Campbell’s Go soups as their muse.
- Campbell’s Go is collaborating with Spotify, a digital music service that offers users on-demand access to over 18 million songs, to develop custom playlists using the bold flavors of Campbell’s Go soups as inspiration. The partnership will enable users to create synergies between the music and the soup flavor - for example, a playlist of songs that are all about cheese will align with Campbell’s Go Creamy Red Pepper with Smoked Gouda soup. Each time a user listens to a song on Spotify, they will be rewarded with a coupon and gain access to the entire playlist.
- In a partnership with Rovio Entertainment, Campbell’s Go is a launch sponsor for the Angry Birds Star Wars release this month. Character reveals and game playing tips will be shared on the Campbell’s Go Facebook page.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts